Surge Elections CoverageFri 2nd Mar by Ben Morton
If you haven't noticed the SUSU elections happening this month, you've either been out of the country, in a place with no internet, or sat under a rock for the past month. As elections are such a massive part of the SUSU calendar, Surge has spent the past month working extra hard to bring you the latest news, and to help promote the elections as best we can.
Unfortunately, during this year's elections, we lost five members of our committee. David and Rob ran for VP Communications and VP Student Engagement respectively, and André, Alex and Phoebe spent their week campaigning for them. Due to elections rules, they were required to step down from their roles for a week. This provided the rest of the committee the opportunity to step up and work together on Surge's elections coverage.
So what has Surge been doing over the past month?
- Bi-daily news updates with the latest elections news
- Candidate interviews asking the questions that needed to be asked
- Live elections shows discussing manifestos with the candidates
- Broadcasting live on the redbrick to help promote the elections
- Live results night show providing alternate commentary to the SUSUtv stream
- Candidate interviews and reactions live from the results night
The Surge News team, supervised by our new Head of News Harry Warwick, and Head of Station Sound Hatti Dingle, have been working incredibly hard to bring you the best content, more of which will be uploaded to the website over the weekend.
Surge would also like to congratulate all the winners, including the new SUSU Sabbatical team:
- President: Sam Ling
- VP Academic Affairs: Sasha Watson
- VP Communications: David Gilani
- VP Sports Development: Dean Jones
- VP Student Engagement: Shane Murphy
- VP Welfare and Communities: Chloe Green
Stay with Surge for coverage of Varsity 2012 this weekend, and for the upcoming Student Leader elections!